Saturday, February 5, 2011

Mini Shop 01/29

I'm under the weather today and couldn't face my usual shopping marathon this morning.  The actual weather isn't helping either.  It's cold and drizzly and so wet from the rain yesterday that I have to wade to my car when I go out.  I did go to Harris Teeter to take advantage of their one day e-vic specials and get us through the weekend and the big game.  Here's what I bought:

chili sauce
lasagna sheets
Rotel tomatoes
tortilla chips
4 lbs. ground chuck (e-vic special $1.98 per pound, limit 2 2lb. packs)
deli turkey  (D&W $6.99 per lb.)
bakery sub rolls
French bread
bag of lemons ($1.99 per bag)
1 tomato
bagels (Thomas BOGO, $2.09)
5 containers (48oz.) of ice cream (HT Natural, buy 2 get 3 free makes it $2.07 per)
orange juice
cheese cubes (Kraft, e-vic special for $2 each bag, double coupon made it $0.50)
velveeta
mozzarella
ricotta
2 Greek yogurt ( sale price and doubled coupon made it $0.55 each)
milk
2 packs turkey li'l smokies (Hillshire Farm e-vic special plus doubled coupon makes it $0.24 per pack)

This was a mixed bag for me.  I got the supplies I needed for our lasagna and deli sandwiches, stocked up on the ice cream and bought Super Bowl snacks.  Velveeta is clearly not on my regular purchase list, but Tracy loves the dip you make when you mix it with Rotel tomatoes.  He gets it once a year and this is it.  I also paid full price for it which makes me crazy, but I couldn't find it on sale anywhere and didn't have a coupon.  I'm sure it would have been less than the $4.19 I paid for it at another store but like I said, I'm sick today and paid for the convenience.  The fact that the store practically gave me my li'l smokies certainly makes me feel a little better about it.

Total $56.88

No comments:

Post a Comment