Friday, February 11, 2011

Dust Off a Classic

Hi, friends!!

It has been a long, sick week for me but I am praying that I am on my way to being well again.  I haven't had anything dramatic wrong with me - just a cold - but it really knocked me off my game.  I am close enough to well to attend an event with my GA girls tonight so to put myself on track for a stress free evening I dusted off a classic for dinner.  We are having pot roast.  In the slow cooker. 

I'm sure that you all have a crockpot, I don't think you are allowed to get married in this country if someone hasn't given you one as a gift.  But I'm curious about how often you use yours.  Mine doesn't get a ton of use, about once a month maybe, but I'm grateful for it today.  If it's been a while since you've had a good, meaty pot roast I encourage you to go for it.  Cheap, easy and delicious is just what the Dr. ordered when you've been sick.

Crockpot Pot Roast

1 yellow onion
1 bag of carrots
4 potatoes
1 rump roast
olive oil
salt
pepper

1.  peel vegetables and cut into 2 inch pieces
2.  place in bottom of cold crockpot liner and drizzle with 2T olive oil.  Add 1T salt and 1t pepper.  Mix to coat.
3.  mix 1T salt and 1t pepper together and press into roast, covering all sides.
4.  place meat, fat side down, on top of vegetables
5.  cook on high for 4 - 5 hours or low for 8 - 10.

Cost: $11.02 for 8 servings, $1.38 per serving

I like to serve this with biscuits the first night and on the second night I like to make a brown sauce and serve over rice.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment