Sunday, February 13, 2011

Grill 'Em All

So, I found a great deal on fresh boneless, skinless chicken breast at Walmart last week.  I got 10 breast halves, 6lbs., for just under $10.00.  I was then faced with a question.  What do I do with that much chicken?  I like that it was fresh - I freeze chicken all the time but I can always taste the difference.  The breast halves were huge, 2 would easily feed all four of us, so I had way too much for just one or two meals.  I decided to grill them all. If you wrap it up tight and store it properly, grilled chicken stays juicy for days.  I think the high heat of the grill sears the surface closed or something like that.  I don't understand it but I will gladly take advantage of it.

I sent Tracy out to the backyard yesterday with 5 pieces of chicken seasoned with Italian herbs and the other five seasoned with lemon pepper.    Last night we ate grilled lemon pepper chicken with cornbread, lima beans, paresleyed potatoes, grape tomatoes and pickles.  Next will be grilled chicken Parmesan, Greek chicken pita pockets, and southwestern style grilled chicken salads with black bean and corn salsa.  Obviously I had to buy the go withs but let's face it, pasta and potatoes are cheap.  Four entrees for four people for less than $10.00?  It helped my budget and I hope it helps yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment