Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Winter Wonderland

I live in a region where it doesn't snow.  Except that it has every year for the past three years.  Go figure!! 

Personally, I love the snow.  Snow played a major role in my childhood.  I lived in North Berwick, Maine for several years and had all the snow a little girl could want.  I sledded, built snow forts and dug endless tunnels for three months out of the year every year and it was fantastic.  What I did not do in the snow is parent.  Parenting in snow is - well - loud.  And messy.  Caleb has been out of school for three days and Addie and I have not been able to go anywhere that we usually go to keep ourselves busy.  To keep everyone happy we did all of the predictable and wonderful snow things that kids do.






And when all of us were so cold we couldn't take it anymore we went in and participated in a less common but hugely satisfying activity.  We made macaroni art.  The kids loved it and I'm sure yours will too.  That's right - you have my blessing to waste food!!  Especially if you got your macaroni for free using your doubled coupon.  Happy snow day(s)!!




Oh, and in case you are wondering,  I let the kids wear their pajamas during our fun - Addie is wearing Ariel jammies under her Spidergirl costume...

No comments:

Post a Comment