Sunday, January 23, 2011

Grocery Shop 1/22

Hi Friends!!

I don't feel like my trip was as organized or productive this week as it sometimes is.  We have had a hectic week - I'm sure a lot of you have too - and I was frazzled as I ran around to my three stores yesterday.  Anyway, this is what we ended up with and one way or another it is what we will eat.

Harris Teeter

Nathan's hot dogs BOGO ($2.94)  I don't skimp on hot dogs.  I'm fine skipping them altogether, but if I buy them they are going to be the best quality I can find.  Nathan's all beef is one of my favorite.
Honey Bunches of O's and HT brand Oats and More ($2.00 for both, sale price and Buy Theirs Try Ours special)
6 cups Dannon yogurt and 1 cup HT yogurt ($2.00 for all 7, sale price and BTTO special plus double coupon)
HT brand white bread and hot dog rolls
Total: $9.83

BiLo

Dawn dish soap ($1.00)
Dixie Lily quick grits ($0.74)
Thomas English muffins BOGO ($1.74)
Hormel Natural Deli Meat BOGO ($1.24)
All laundry detergent ($3.29 sale price and coupon)
stew meat
Total $13.43

Walmart

romaine hearts, milk, self rising flour, cucumber, bananas, juice boxes, shortening, cheese crackers, croutons, ground round, grape tomatoes, AP flour, pork chops, fruit bowls, pasta, salad dressing, cheese, corn, broccoli, tomato puree, chips, chicken nuggets, pita bread, carrots, green beans and peas
Total $54.58

It was quite a convenience food day for me!!  I bought cheese crackers, croutons and chicken nuggets - all of which I can make but won't be this week.  I also had to restock Caleb's lunch supplies so I bought juice boxes and little fruit bowls.  I have sent him with reusable bowls and bottles with lids for his fruit and drink but he doesn't close them well and I end up with a lunch cooler full of whatever he didn't finish.  For now, it is worth the extra money to be spared that clean up.  Caleb's school does not have a cafeteria on site and all children bring their lunch and eat in their classrooms.  I like to make things as easy on his teacher as possible.  Since their is no cafeteria, there is no cafeteria staff to help her.

Whew!!  Well, my math says that we spent $77.84 getting ready for this week.  Happy shopping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment