Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Little Bite of Something

So Tuesdays are a little crazy for me.  Wonderful, but crazy.  I am blessed to be part of a women's Bible study group that gets together every Tuesday morning.  We do praise and worship, devotions and great studies.  There are also snacks and childcare - so you know I never miss.  We meet from 9:00 to 11:30 and it is usually close to noon by the time Addie and I get home.  Now that Caleb is in school that is just a couple of hours before we need to turn around and go pick him up.  I don't want to spend all of it cooking and cleaning so Addie and I have a little bite of something and call it done. 

Today we had cheese quesadillas and salsa.  A hot nonstick pan and two 6" tortillas with cheddar inside and we were good to go.  I think I made three.  We like to cut ours in little wedges and pile them onto one plate to share.  Addie thinks it's fun and I think it is one less dish I have to wash.  Win win.  It also covers three of the four food groups (we use a lot of salsa) which is something I am committed to doing at breakfast and lunch.

I'm so glad my little girl likes to share with me - and that she doesn't care if our meal is fancy.

1 comment:

  1. This is a favorite in my house. And if there is any green pepper or onion, I'll chop up a little and throw it in with the cheese.

    ReplyDelete