Saturday, August 20, 2011

Menu 8/21 - 8/27

Well, it's official.  It's back.  All of it.  Choir, Bible study, school, preschool, ballet...it's all back.  I'm thrilled!!  I love the fall and all of the new beginnings.  I love football season.  I love a break from the hot weather.  And I love getting everything and everyone back on a schedule.  Here is our menu:

Sunday - cinnamon rolls, turkey bacon and orange slices
                baked ziti and cloverleaf rolls
                leftovers

Monday - crunchy peanut butter toast, bananas and milk
                 Monday roast, new potatoes, carrots and bread and butter

Tuesday - blueberry muffins, eggs and milk
                 roast beef sandwiches on white bread, apple slices

Wednesday - cereal and milk, apple juice
                      Crock Pot chicken and artichokes, rigatoni, green salad

Thursday - cinnamon rolls, yogurt
                   chili with cornbread, sour cream, cheddar cheese

Friday - beef hash and toast, milk
              chili dogs, mixed veggie salad and chips

Saturday - blueberry muffins, fruit smoothies
                  pizza
                  leftovers
                 

To make this menu work for me I need to do a Saturday baking.  I store fresh baked items in the freezer if I'm not eating them the same or very next day.  This supplies my desserts, snacks, dinner breads and breakfast items.  I  thaw in the microwave right before meal time.  I also try to make my Sunday baked ziti on the Friday or Saturday before so that I can pull it out after church and warm it up. Because Saturday is so full of cooking and baking for the rest of the week and because I don't want to miss any Alabama football games, I like to order pizza or have snacks at meal time.  For lunches during the week Addie and I eat a lot of sandwiches and left overs.  Give it try and marvel at how much extra time you have on weekday evenings and how much money you save.  Good luck!!
                  

No comments:

Post a Comment