Saturday, August 20, 2011

Lunch Box - Again

Ahh, the lunch box.  I haven't used Caleb's yet.  He is charmed by the novelty of having the option to eat in the school cafeteria.  I know it will pass and he'll ask me to pack food from home any minute now.  I want to be ready.  I've been putting together some ideas for his lunch that won't leave me in a PBJ rut.  Not that there is anything wrong with PBJ - I could eat one right now...

Wrap it Up

1.  jellied cranberry sauce, thick sliced turkey and apple matchsticks
2.  apple butter, ham and raisins
3.  BBQ sauce, chicken and carrot matchsticks
4.  Caesar dressing, chicken and romaine lettuce
5.  spicy mustard, roast beef, romaine lettuce and radish matchsticks

I make all of my wraps with fajita size flour tortillas because they are cheap and work with everything.  If you are making lunch for multiple kids you can probably keep more choices on hand and use wheat, spinach, etc.  I also store my tortillas in the fridge.  They stay fresh longer, but because they are cold I need to warm them for 15 seconds in the microwave to make them flexible enough to roll.  All wraps need a spread, a protein and something crispy or crunchy.  The options are endless...

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment