Friday, May 6, 2011

Tupperware

That's right folks.  Tupperware.  In my circle of friends there has been a recent Tupperware explosion.  I'm no stranger to the home based business or home shopping party.  It is a staple of the Stay-At-Home Mom social network.  I love spending time over a cup of coffee swapping stories about children and laundry and how much none of us are like our mothers.  I also love to look through the catalogs and samples and dream about the perfect wife/mom/homemaker I could be if only I had the right tools.  Then I find an item that I can talk myself into as practical, order my one thing, and get out of there.

http://my2.tupperware.com/tup-html/C/christymiles-welcome.html



Not so with Tupperware.  I know that it is not flashy or cool, but I seriously could buy the entire catalog and actually use everything I bought.  I don't know when or how we decided that throw away storage containers were better than the classic, lifetime guaranteed, brilliantly engineered products that Tupperware sells but I won't go back again.  (and no, I am not going to sign up to sell any)  You all know that I love to cook, work on a tight budget and need to store and access many foods.  I have found my new Tupperware to be a big help.  I also get a little thrill from the neatly lined up, matchy-matchy containers sitting and waiting for me when I open my pantry.  I am convinced that my investment in good storage containers will save me money but I will wait until I have evidence from my own experience to share with you before making that claim.  For now, I'll just say that they make me happy.  And there's nothing wrong with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment