Wednesday, May 18, 2011

After the Ball Game

It was my turn to bring snacks after T'-ball so I pulled out this favorite from my sister in laws collection and made peanut butter bars.  I served them with ice cold bottled water and the team gobbled them up.  This is also my favorite to bring to dessert socials.  Enjoy!!

Peanut Butter Bars

1C flour
1/2 C sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 C softened butter
1/4 t salt
1/2 C peanut butter
1 egg
1 C quick cook oats
9 oz. chocolate chips

1.  combine flour, sugars, soda, butter, salt, peanut butter, egg and oats.  Mix well.
2.  press dough into lightly oiled 13x9x2 pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes and remove from oven.
3.  sprinkle chocolate chips over baked dough and let stand for 5 minutes.  Spread melted chocolate chips to cover evenly.
4.  cool completely and cut.

Yummy.

2 comments:

  1. What do you bring when a child is allergic to nuts and/or egg????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily,

    We have to register our children's allergies when we sign up for ball. Our coach alerts us to any on our team when we volunteer for snack. On Caleb's team none of the children have any allergies so there are no foods to avoid. I do choose to avoid sugary drinks and snacks with artifical colors and flavors when it is my turn, but that is only to accomodate my preferences.

    In Caleb's classroom at school there are allergies and I like to bring homemade crispy cheese crackers or rice krispy treats. Both are egg and nut free. I'll be happy to get you recipes if you need them.

    ReplyDelete