Tuesday, April 5, 2011

What Happened?!!

I have been asking myself this question for a week now.  My orderly little house and dependable menus are nowhere to be found.  They have been replaced by chaos!!  Why?  I don't really know.  My husband did start a new job this week (Yay!!) and my kids did start spring ball and we have been to birthday parties for the past couple of weekends but really I think I just dropped the ball and then let it roll under the couch and haven't gone to get it.  In light of my dilemma here are my suggestions for a quick trip back to normal if you are in chaos too.

1.  Sandwiches.  Go to your store and get some fresh deli meat and cheese from the counter and stop by the bakery for good bread.  Swing by produce and get shredded lettuce, tomatoes, apples, cucumbers, carrots...whatever looks good.  Serve this at your table and count the food groups.  Also notice that there is nothing fried or frozen.  Look at your stove with no dirty dishes on it.  Sigh a little sigh of relief.

2.  Turn off the TV.  Tonight everyone can declutter one room and then get together to read a book or play a game.

3.  Pack lunches and lay out clothes because tomorrow is going to be a good day.

4.  Take a bath and go to bed early.  You've earned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment